Projects can often develop a “life of their own”, diverging from their original scope and intention. This results in a failure to deliver the planned improvements and project objectives.
Project health checks enable clients to review a project’s status and ensure that the project is on course to deliver the anticipated business benefits.
We can deploy a number of methodologies, including Gateway reviews, to help clients ensure that the projects they are implementing are properly configured and will deliver results that the business case identified.
- Review the project’s business case and current status
- Examine the project management and governance structures
- Evaluate the project success criteria and the key indicators chosen to track them and assess if the objectives will be met
- Recommend remedial actions, where necessary, to recover any divergence from the project’s stated aims, objectives and the business case
- Where necessary, provide resources to recover projects “in trouble”