Client Project Manager for the conversion of an engineering workshop for the Science Museum Group.
The project, to which Martin Stevens was appointed external project manager, centred upon the conversion of a 1940’s engineering workshop into an exhibition and educational training space.
With a limited budget, Martin led both the internal and external project team to complete the building’s restoration and conversion. A key client objective was the adoption of as many sustainable building materials and technologies as possible.
Other facilities established through the refurbishment were: an associated cafeteria, “back of house” facilities and technical conservation workshops suitable for the preservation and conservation of the museum’s artefacts.